I am a professional engineer and work as a
structural designer. I live in Durham, NC with my wife and three
After a frustrating photography event in 2013, I decided
to learn about how to take great photos. As a result, I has spent
numerous hours studying composure, lighting, exposure and a little bit of
editing. Let me tell you, taking pictures is fascinating! The study of how
to capture light never ceases to amaze. Knowing how to operate a camera
and setup the lighting makes all the difference. What you see on the website is the result of these studies and I hope
that it will be beneficial to you.
When working with me, I want to find out what your goal
is. If you desire some wall art, I would need to know if it is an 8 x 10 in a
collage, I will tailor a different shoot than if you wanted a 30 x 40 piece to
hang over your living room sofa. Maybe you are doing something unique like
making a coffee table with a picture printed on glass or metal. There are
certain pictures that look better than others on those materials. Let's
make sure that you get what you want. If your a musician, let's showcase
your playing guitar. If it's for your kids, I'll run around after them for
half and hour (or at least until I'm out of breath). The goal is simple: I
want to get you the shot you will look at for the next decade.
What to Expect:
- Emails/phone calls to set up date, time, location and sometimes
- Outdoor sessions will be scheduled according to sunset/sunrise time and amount of clouds in the sky. A rain day appointment will be made at the same time.
- Please review the generic photography contract. We can discuss the individual terms and modify as needed.
(I use this as a tool to make sure that any unspoken expectations are clear and we remain friends.)
- Please come ready with hair and makeup done. Bring props if needed.
- Roughly 10-15 photos will be fully edited. The remainder of acceptable photos will be delivered with minimal editing
- After the shoot, I will process the photos to adjust color, hue, saturation and crop etc. as I see fit.
- Smaller versions of the photos will be posted online for review. You can select your favorites and we will then discuss what you want to do with them.
- Post processing is available to remove certain things (skin blemishes, background oddities etc). Each case is different so they will need to be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Pictures will be kept for approximately 6 months. An email reminder will be sent before deletion.
- Unless expressed in writing, your pictures can and may be used as advertising for the promotion for Rasmussen Designs. They cannot be sold.
To schedule a session:
Email me at (preferred) firstname.lastname@example.org